Previously, I requested that all Division Commanders move their conventions to June. I am still requesting them to do this. The district commanders need the extra time to hold their conventions. This is extraordinary times and special concession are required at this time. Governor Abbott has set the maximum in a meeting at 10 until at least April 3rd. This date can be extended in the future. All restaurants and bars are be closed. This includes our American Legion posts. The State Adjutant, State Judge Advocate, and State Commander are considering the options available to the commanders for their conventions. We are reviewing the CB&Ls for what can be authorized for those districts and all the divisions that require voting. This process must be consistence for the whole state. All division and district commanders will be notified as soon as the process is developed.
There have been questions about Boys State and the Department Convention. As of right now, Boys State and the Department will convene on schedule. We are communicating with UT and the hotel for these events. No decision has been made. If you have issues with the bus company, please consider renegotiating the contract. I will be requesting legal advice from the State Judge Advocate if the bus companies can uphold these contracts due to the current situation. We are working with the Boys State Chairman and Director to resolve these questions as soon as possible.
Please direct any questions you may have to me by email. I will be able to respond to all with any information that we have.
Thank you for your service,
Department of Texas